This guide provides advice on how to control your Energenie MiHome products using voice control with Google Home. It assumes the following:
- You have an Energenie MiHome Account
- You have paired your Energenie MiHome products to your account and they are working through the Energenie MiHome App or web portal without issue
- You have a Google Home setup and it is functioning correctly, and
- You have the Android Google Home app installed on your phone.
The instructions and app screen images below may differ between devices and mobile operating systems, and versions of the Google Home App.
Steps to Take
- Ensure that your Energenie MiHome gateway and associated devices are online and working correctly through the Energenie MiHome app; note that the Energenie MiHome WiFi Smart plug, does not require the Gateway for voice control.
- From the Google home app, select the ‘profile button’ at the bottom right corner
- On the Account page, select ‘Settings’
- Select 'Assistant'.then 'Home Control'
- From the Home control page, select the ‘Plus (+)’ button at the bottom right to add new devices
- Select the search bar at the top of the new page and search for ‘energenie mihome’
- Select the ‘Energenie MiHome skill’ and you will be prompted to login to your Mi|Home account
- After login to your MiHome account, you will be asked to give permission to Google to link your account. To do so, select ‘Allow Google’
- The devices you have paired to your Energenie MiHome Account will now appear on the screen. Select ‘DONE’ if you do not want to assign your devices to rooms. Your devices will appear on the home page and are now ready to be controlled by voice through your Google Home.
- If you wish to assign your devices to rooms, select the device and follow the Google app instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What voice commands can I use?
Answer: Hey Google! Turn on kitchen lights
Hey Google! Switch on bedroom lights
Hey Google! Turn off office socket
Q: Can Google Home control groups?
Answer: Yes, Groups allow you to control multiple devices with one command. For instance, if you have two or more Energenie MiHome switches or adapters, you can create a group/room called Living room and then simply say Hey Google, turn on living room.