This guide provides advice on how to control your Energenie MiHome products using voice control with Google Home. It assumes the following:
- You have an Energenie MiHome Account
- You have paired your Energenie MiHome products to your account and they are working through the Energenie MiHome App or web portal without issue
- You have a Google Home setup and it is functioning correctly, and
- You have the IOS Google Home app installed on your phone.
Steps to Take
- Ensure that your Energenie MiHome gateway and associated devices are connected and online. If you have an Energenie MiHome WiFi Smart plug, ensure it has been paired to your MiHome account.
- From the google home app, select the ‘profile button’ at the bottom right corner
- On the profile page, select ‘More settings’ and then select ‘Assistant’
- Select 'Home Control'
- From the Home control page, select the ‘Plus (+)’ button at the bottom right to add new devices
- Select the search bar at the top of the new page and search for ‘energenie mihome’
- Select the ‘Energenie MiHome skill’ and you will be prompted to login to your Mi|Home account
- After login to your MiHome account, you will be asked to give permission to Google to link your account. To do so, select ‘Allow Google’
- After allowing access to Google, your devices will appear on the screen. Select ‘x’ if you do not want to assign your devices to rooms. Your devices will appear on the home page and ready to be controlled by voice
- If you wish to assign your devices to rooms, choose a device and follow the Google app instructions. Once completed, your devices will appear in room and ready to be controlled by voice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What voice commands can I use?
Answer: Hey Google! Turn on kitchen lights
Hey Google! Switch on bedroom lights
Hey Google! Turn off office socket
Q: Can Google Home control groups?
Answer: Yes, Groups allow you to control multiple devices with one command. For instance, if you have two or more Energenie MiHome switches or adapters, you can create a group/room called Living room and then simply say Hey Google, turn on living room.